HONORS AND AWARDS:
2012 Excellence in Construction Award – Historical Renovation
Cullman First United Methodist Church – Cullman, AL
2012 BuildSouth Award Honoree for Renov. Under $5 MIL
Leigh Automotive, Tuscaloosa, Alabama
2011 SADI Award for New Open Air Center
The Shops of Grand River – Leeds, Alabama
Merit Award,AIA Alabama Chapter
The Summit Phases 2 & 3 – Birmingham, Alabama
SADI Award for Best Renovation of Two-Level Enclosed Retail Center in the Nation
Merit Award,AIA Alabama Chapter
M. Miller Gorrie Center – Auburn University, AL
At CMH, We believe the keys to successful projects are communication and responsiveness during the entire planning design and construction process. This emphasis on the client’s needs, desires and concerns is the foundation for strong relationships built on common goals and understanding of the entire programming, design and construction process. Known as design-oriented yet practical, CMH has developed special expertise in meeting strict schedule and budget requirements year after year.
As CMH Architects, Inc. continues to work with different clients, we find that each has an influence on the development of our design philosophy. The following forms the foundation of our practice:
• Always facilitate good communication since it is essential to problem solving and the building of relationships.
• Provide quality design solutions, but never at the expense of the client’s budget.
• Plan realistically, so that the Owner’s program reflects the reality of the budget, while incorporating Owner and users input into the design.
• Obtain detailed budget input early in the design process. “Cost engineering” of the project must continue through design and working drawings. Teamwork between the contractor and architect is critical.
• Incorporate sustainable design construction and operational principles to the extent possible within the project scope and budget.
• Produce designs which are flexible and promote the incorporation of new technology.
• Design each project to respond specifically to site conditions.
• Design aesthetics should be “timeless” – not based on trends.
“They are creative, thorough and timely. More than that however, in my many dealings with CMH, they always have put my needs or those of my clients first.”
~ Mr. Joseph E. Sandner, III, SIOR, President & CEO
“CMH demonstrated only the highest level professionalism throughout the process, and the result is a building that the College of Architecture, Design and Construction, Auburn University, and the construction industry can be extremely proud of.”
~ Dan Bennett
Dean of Architecture, Design, and Construction at Auburn University.
“When we sit down with CMH and define the kind of project we want, we can count on the design being even better than we envisioned. In every instance they’ve created an even better project than we hoped for.”
~ Jim Wilson Jr.
Jim Wilson & Associates
“We have worked with this firm for over 30 years and consider them the best at commercial architectural design. Not only are they excellent designers, but they are easy to work with and practical. They will listen to ideas from others. We have used them on our own projects.”
~ M. Miller Gorie, Chairman/CEO
Brasfield & Gorrie, LLC
“Their creativity in proportions, design and scale far exceeded our expectations, which in turn increased our yield considerably more than our proforma.”
~ Otis Scarbrough
Woodruff Holding Company
“CMH demonstrates an understanding of the issues a developer encounters in trying to design a beautiful venue, while at the same time understanding cost implications that need to be attended to in order to make these projects successful.”
~ David Silverstein, Principal
Bayer Properties, LLC.
“The staff at CMH has always displayed the highest level of professionalism, creativity and quality in their work. In addition, they have consistently gone above and beyond to ensure that our needs and requests were taken care of in a timely and thorough manner.”
~ Mr. William J. Bassett, Executive VP – Director of Development
Cousins Properties, Inc.